If you have thought about starting a baby boomer business venture, small, medium, or large, this episode gives you the building blocks for a smart stressless start so that you avoid the “Oh Crap” moments. Sylvia is the author of “Small Business Finance for the Busy Entrepreneur – Blueprint for Building a Solid, Profitable Business”
- What experiences triggered the book? (2:00)
Story of couple whose business looked good on the outside.
- Simple steps taken upfront that will protect business and retirement. (2:56)
- Mistake of not separating business and personal funds. (4:25)
- 2nd Big Mistake – no budget.
- Budgeting for the one time yearly expenses. (6:20)
- Often can be losing money on products and services. (9:15)
- Other business owners will share information with you. (10:35)
- Major Points in starting your business (11:40)
- Creating an LLC gives an extra layer of protection. (16:30)
- What to do for beginning venture- blogger, writer, artist. (17:40)
- Two important items to account for in your budgeting. (20:18)
- 2 Big Mistakes for Established Businesses. (22:00)
- The solutions to the mistakes.
- Virtual Assistants in US and abroad. (24:00)
- Beating the tax prep overwhelm. (27:53)
- “Oh Crap” Moments (31:16)
- Music. (34:20)
- Death and dying. (36:15)
- Looking back from 95. (37:30)
- Final Take Away – 10 Step Check List On Line.
Book URL: www.smallbusinessfinancebook.com
Facebook: SMI Financial Coaching
Link to buy book on Amazon: http://amzn.to/2ehxyVY
Thanks for sharing and showing your baby boomer pals how to subscribe to Planet BoomerVille.