At age 70, Jim Owen decided to make a change in his physical condition and activities. Today, at 76, he is in the best shape of his life. National Geographic is publishing his new book, Just Move- A New Approach to Fitness. Unlike most other exercise book, this one is for the 50-60-70+ year old.
– What statistic caused Jim to change his ways at age 70.
– Is it Living Longer or Living Healthier in the time we have?
– The downward spiral. What to expect in your 60’s-70’s -80’s.
– What is Functional Fitness?
– Chronological age vs. Physical age.
– How is this exercise book different from all the others?
– Getting fit is hard. Staying fit is fun.
– “Youth has no age.” Pablo Picasso.
– Winning at life.
– The Ultimate Work Out Rule -> Be Present.
– Five Basic Exercises – all can be done at home.
– The Squat.
– The Lat Pulldown.
– The Hip Hinge.
– How do you make exercise fun and not a chore?
– Music – Motown, Elvis, Everly Brothers, George Strait.
– Death and Dying – My best days are ahead of me.
– Looking back from 95 – “I never look back.”
– Married 49 years. His wife says “ Divorce never, murder maybe.”